Thursday, May 27, 2010

Random Summer

Long weekend ahead. The school year has ended and now planning can begin for next year. I love the summers. Even though they are not exactly the same now that I work for the most of the summer, they just seem so relaxed. I am ready for vacation(s). I am ready for swimming. I am ready for all things summer.

Caroline has been playing softball and that is fun and summery too. Gardens have been planted and we are just now begining to pick squash. I believe that my father may have 5 gardens. I have a container garden that is begining to look like a jungle. I should have enough eggplant for the whole community.

Tomorrow my new baby chicks should be in at the feed store. So excited. It does not take much. I am very simple.

My sister called me today because she was going to Baton Rouge (where there is the only Whole Foods near) to ask if I needed any almond butter. She is a good big sis. I grew up calling her mom in the summer months. She would then yell, "I am not your mother. Quit calling me that!"
Tomorrow is Friday. If I were 6 again and out of school I would be walking up the road to my grandparents house to eat their Friday fish lunch. I do not know where they would get fish. I don't remember them fishing but it was always fish for lunch on Friday. I also remember playing with catfish in the bathtub. If you have never brought a live fish and put it in the bathtub for your grandchildren to play with they are missing out on a good memory. I highly recommend this recreational activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment