Sunday, May 2, 2010

Back to the Begining

Having a good lazy Sunday here at my most favorite place, my home. I seem to be doing better with the healthy eating this weekend. Being healthy is a journey not a destination. I believe Denise Austin says that in her countless exercise tapes.

My garden has really started to grow. My tomatoes and peppers look good. The hens have had some trouble this week with the gnats. My sister told me that vanilla extract will keep the gnats away. So I went out and sprayed them today. I don't think they really appreciated me doing this but they will thank me later.

Sydney is such a fun 2 year old. She helped me pot some flowers and herbs this afternoon. She really enjoyed digging in the dirt. She also may have gotten a sip or two of the water from the watering can. When we came inside she had granny beads.

I went out this morning for a walk and I did a small amount of running. I think I am now at peace with the fact that for now I have lost all interest in running. Guilt is a bummer. I was feeling guilty that I am wimping out on all my good intentions, but no more. My family needs me healthy but they also need me here, not running down the road for an hour a day. Exercise will have to come from playing, gardening, and taking care of all critters. This is what I love, staying grounded at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment