Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer is here. It is very hot in Mississippi right now. All is well around this joint. I feel like all I have done this summer is work. Go to work to work, come home to work, spend the weekend working. It is too hot to have fun outside unless you are surrounded by water. We bought a tent thinking we might go camping but I don't think the 2 year old can take the heat.
I really want to go to the beach and do nothing for vacation. Tar balls don't really fit into that plan. My oldest daughter just got back from Panama City Beach, FL. She saw some tar balls but not really any oil sheens. She was able to swim so maybe a beach vacay would be possible. I am sad about all the oil in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. I have spent some time in the Florida sand and sun and it is the best. My children will grow up to a polluted gulf.
I have not been running in any form lately, except for when I run from horse flies. I have been sweating it out in the yard chasing kids and getting things done. The summer in Mississippi is serious business. The grass grows an inch each day, bugs will take over if you don't spray, dogs dig holes in the flower beds to stay cool, and there are more cherry tomatoes on my two bushes than I have containers for.
On a lighter note, we did take a trip to the creek today. The 2 year old loves it. The water is hot, but hey at least we are not sitting in front of the T.V. I got my computer back today. It was sick with a virus.
If my mom is reading I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment