Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday already? This is a good thing because I have a fun weekend ahead. Sydney will be two years old on Sunday. We are celebrating with a Barney birthday! I am blogging on the bathroom floor right now trying to convince Sydney that bathtub water is not for her to drink.
This has been a very busy Spring. Before Easter we were looking at rabbits outside of the feed store when a young guy walked up with a rabbit in a box that he told me I could have and about 10 seconds later he was gone. He was determined to ditch that Easter bunny. So total count now 1 husband, 2 kids, 3 dogs, 4 chickens, and 1 "stray" rabbit. I also saw a very cute young goat the other day...hummm, NO, just kidding. Good Friday is the day that people in the south plant their gardens. In keeping with that tradition I now have planted, peppers of all kinds, eggplants, cucumbers and a few tomatoes. I am waiting on the right kind of tomato plant. See when almost everyone you know plants a garden the actual plants can be hard to find.
I am slowly getting back in the running habit. There is a 10k in May close to my home. I am hoping to be able to run that one. When there is a race in my area I really want to try and run in it since co many of them are more than an hour away from my house. I am going to try and work on my speed and slowly build up to running 6.2 miles again. The 10k back in Feb. was a trial to see if I could go the distance. Now that I know I can I would like to be able to finish with a little better time. Time to go. I think that Sydney has turned in to a prune.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Sydney! Hope you got the wrinkles out before the big day! : ) So proud of your mommy! : )

    ReplyDelete